As we look forward to all the fun summer activities in June, KOHC is celebrating Oral Health Month and highlighting the importance of treating the whole person. Caring for our oral health means more than simply brushing and flossing your teeth – an important part! – it also means caring for your entire mouth, including your gums, by getting regular check-ups and screenings, and making healthy food and drink choices. In addition, oral health means understanding the connections between your oral health and overall health. The mouth acts as a gateway to the rest of the body and can be an indicator for other health concerns throughout the body. Tooth decay has been linked to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other adverse medical conditions.
As we celebrate National Oral Health Month, KOHC will be focusing on a different oral health topic each week. Be sure to check back each week for new resources and information!
- May 30 – June 3: Celebrating Oral Health Month
- June 6 – June 10: Recognizing Safety Month and the Connection to Oral Health
- June 13 – June 17: In Case You Missed It – KOHC’s Quarterly Meeting Update
- June 20 – June 24: The Connection Between Oral Health and Mental Health
- June 27 – July 1: Get Ready for Back to School by Scheduling a Dental Check-up
KOHC encourages you to participate in this annual celebration with your dentist, dental hygienist, children, friends, and members of your community to promote good oral health and overall health.