This week, a federal judge halted the April 1st implementation of the Bevin Administration’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver, also known as Kentucky HEALTH. We expect the Bevin Administration to announce next step decisions in the coming days, but as of right now, no plans have been unveiled yet.
Though several vulnerable populations are exempt from the 1115 waiver, as it protects children, pregnant women, and transition-aged youth in foster care from the potential negative impacts of premiums, reduced benefit packages, and lockout periods, questions may arise from Medicaid-eligible parents or individuals, health providers, and advocates.
Here’s what we know:
- The Kentucky HEALTH requirements will not begin on April 1st.
- There will be no coverage or benefit changes for Medicaid-eligible beneficiaries.
- If Medicaid-eligible beneficiaries received Kentucky HEALTH related notices or a notice of eligibility statement, the legal decision makes those notices outdated.
Updated information and resources will be available on the Kentucky HEALTH website.
If you are a Medicaid-eligible beneficiary and have coverage or benefits questions, please contact your Managed Care Organization (MCO). Phone numbers for each MCO are listed below.
Manage Care Organizations:
- Aetna: 1-855-300-5528
- Humana Care Source: 1-855-852-7005
- Passport Health Plan:1-800-578-0603
- WellCare: 1-877-389-9457