The Kentucky General Assembly reconvened in Frankfort on Tuesday, January 4th for a 60-day session. Oral health advocates across the commonwealth are counting on state leaders to prioritize policies and investments that create a brighter, healthier future for all. Check out these 8 ways oral health advocates can use their voice during the 2022 legislative session:
- Review the KOHC policy and budget priorities for the 2022 session.
- Look up who represents you in Frankfort and how to contact your state Senator and Representative, as well as information on bills, committee schedules and agendas, research reports, and more from the Legislative Research Commission.
- Schedule a meeting with your state Senator and Representative and use the KOHC policy and budget priorities as policies priorities to flag for their attention.
- Bookmark the Kentucky Youth Advocates’ 2022 Kentucky General Assembly Bill Tracker webpage so you can stay up-to-date on KOHC policy priorities and bills that are good for kids.
- Watch committee meetings and House and Senate Chambers live streamed on KET website or YouTube.
- Check out the KOHC data/research page for the most up to date oral health data.
- Sign up to receive the latest updates on Children’s Advocacy Week coming up on January 18-21. Check out the schedule of events and join us!
- Follow us on social media (Facebook and Twitter) and to stay up-to-date throughout the session.
We need your voice – whether virtually or in the halls of Frankfort, let’s make sure KOHC policy and budget priorities are heard in 2022!