The 2021 open enrollment period for health insurance begins November 2, 2020 and goes through December 15th. Let’s make sure everyone who is eligible signs up for the health insurance they need to stay healthy.
Medicaid and the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP) provide free or low-cost health coverage to low-income Kentucky families, pregnant women, and children in foster care. This coverage provides Kentuckians access to receive routine health care services and care when they are sick including:
- Medical care, including for chronic conditions like asthma and diabetes
- Vision exams and vision wear
- Substance use treatment, such as detox and outpatient services
- Mental health treatment and counseling
- Dental coverage
The open enrollment period is a chance for currently Medicaid or KCHIP enrolled Kentuckians to choose another Managed Care Organization (MCO). The 2021 MCO options are changing, Kentucky now has six MCOs administering the Medicaid program and KCHIP, which are listed below. The six MCOs implementation will start on January 1, 2021.
- Aetna Better Health of Kentucky
- (855) 300-5528
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- (855) 690-7784
- Humana Healthy Horizons in Kentucky
- (800) 444-9137
- Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare
- (877) 902-1207
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- (866) 293-1796
- WellCare of Kentucky
- (877) 389-9457
View a side-by-side of MCO benefits/services. Review open enrollment FAQs.
This year, Kentucky is bringing back Kynect, a self-service portal connecting Kentuckians to benefits, including health insurance coverage. The Kynect portal offers pre-screening tools and you can access application assistance by contacting a Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) worker at your local DCBS office, or calling (855) 306-8959.