Happy New Year! Kentucky Oral Health Coalition is excited to usher in 2022 with upcoming opportunities that oral health members and stakeholders can look forward to.
- Advocate for KOHC policy and budget priorities during the 2022 legislative session.
- Join us in celebrating oral health recognition months throughout the year such as National Children’s Dental Health Month, National Dental Care Month, National Oral Health Month and National Dental Hygiene Month.
- KOHC accepts guest blogs and is happy to highlight oral health work, news, or spotlights. If you have something to share or expertise on a specific oral health related topic, reach out to us about drafting content for one of our channels.
- Engage with the Coalition during our quarterly meetings throughout the year and our annual meeting in December. Become a member and enjoy the following membership benefits:
- Be part of a collective voice to make a true impact on oral health in Kentucky.
- Network and collaborate with diverse professional agencies and organizations at meetings and other related events.
- Vote on decisions including policy priorities, election of officers, and other Coalition-related decisions.
- Learn about and engage with leading oral health stakeholders within Kentucky and across the country by attending quarterly and annual meetings.
- Receive Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits by attending quarterly and annual meetings.
- Gain individual recognition and organizational visibility on appropriate KOHC media, social media channels, and the website.
- Participate in opportunities for oral health professionals to be trained on how to recognize and appropriately report child abuse and neglect. Utilize the online toolkit launched in partnership with Delta Dental of Kentucky and the Kosair Charities Face It Movement with resources and information on recognizing, reporting, and preventing child abuse and neglect in your communities.
- Register for a specialized training for dentists and dental hygienists. In March, KOHC, the Kosair Charities Face It Movement and Delta Dental will be hosting a Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma Prevention & Recognition Virtual Training.
We look forward to the new year with hope and optimism. Join the Kentucky Oral Health Coalition as we continue to operate with the notion that it takes a collaborative network of engaged partners from across the state to meet the core mission – to improve oral health for all people of Kentucky!
Image: Pexels – Anna Tarazevich