Dear oral health community members,
The health and safety of our members, our community, and our state is KOHC’s top priority. Amid the growing concern surrounding COVID-19 and new recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Governor Beshear, we are canceling the KOHC quarterly meeting scheduled for March 27, 2020. Those who have already registered online, your registration will be canceled, and you do not need to take any further action.
During this uncertain time, KOHC is dedicated to monitoring the latest updates and recommendations from the CDC, the Kentucky Department for Public Health, and Governor Beshear. We will continue to share information and engage the oral health community, even if we cannot yet gather in person.
We encourage you all to self-quarantine for your own safety and that of your loved ones, and the wonderful communities that represent Kentucky. We will get through this together!
New COVID-19 resources and information for oral health community members:
- Reschedule all elective/non-emergency dental care until further notice. Recommended by the CDC and the Kentucky Board of Dentistry.
- Due to the nature of this respiratory illness, the Kentucky Board of Dentistry highly encourages its licensees to utilize rubber dam or similar isolation whenever possible for patients that must be seen.
- Reduce the spread by complying with the American Dental Association COVID-19 guidance for dentists.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for healthcare facilities to slow the spread of infection.
- Utilize the CDC guidelines for infection control in dental health-care settings.
- Refer to the CDC guidelines for information about elective and emergent dental care.