Amor! February 14 is a day dedicated to showing our loved ones how much we care. February is also Children’s Dental Health Month!
While you are lavishing loved ones with care, why not show your children’s oral health professional some love.
- Present a thank you to your oral health professional.
- Schedule an appointment for your children.
- Check if your children need their teeth “hugged” with dental sealants.
- Learn more about what dental offices are doing to keep patients and dental team members safe in our infographic.
- Sweeten the deal! Print this Dental Visit Certificate from the office of the Tooth Fairy rewarding a dental check-up.
“Don’t eat sweets, or your teeth will all rot out” is a phrase you likely heard as a child. If you’re a parent, you may have even said it. In reality, the damage that eating too much sugar can do to teeth may guide parents to consider the following sage advice.
Give me some “sugar”! (Forget the sweets and pucker up instead!)
- Delight in moments of connection with your children in this Positive Parenting and the Seven Essential Life Skills for Children post from Face It.
- Explore how snacks and drinks impact oral health by watching this fun, fast-paced instructional video, Where’s the Sugar? presented by Smile Kentucky.
- Keep your mouth healthy with good nutrition tips from America’s Tooth Fairy.
- Learn which drink is best for your child from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists (AADP) and the Mouth Monsters.
Tooth decay is the single most common chronic disease in children. Most oral health conditions are largely preventable and can be treated in their early stages. This Children’s Oral Health flyer highlights the impact that oral health has on overall health and key oral health milestones. This February, keep the Valentine’s Day spirit and celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month by showering your family with love and good oral health care!
Pictures courtesy of Pexels.com