KOHC believes that everyone deserves to have access to the oral health care that they need. However, many adults do not have dental benefits, including those on Medicare – the federal insurance program for individuals with a disability or over age 65. Right now, legislation is moving forward in the House and being negotiated in the Senate to provide funding for a dental benefit to those on Medicare Part B, but we need your support! Check out the following ways that you can take action now:
- Look up your members of Congress in the House and Senate and reach out to them in support of funding for Medicare dental benefits.
- Use this sign-on letter to contact your member of Congress as a constituent.
- If you are a provider, use this sign-on letter to contact your member of Congress.
- Use resources provided in the CareQuest Institute for Oral Health’s Medicare Advocacy Toolkit.
- Take steps outlined in the Advocacy Toolkit from the Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (OPEN).
- Watch this video from Families USA to learn more about how you can help advance this policy.
- Show your support by sharing this letter from The National Coalition of Dentists for Health Equity with your networks.
- Tune in to “Future of Medicare and Oral Health” to learn more about what these changes to Medicare could mean for more integrated and equitable oral health care.
Dental benefits are a critical need for those on Medicare and we need your voice to help move this legislation past the finish line and provide access to oral health care for so many Kentuckians!