The 10th annual Children’s Advocacy Day will be held January 16, 2014 at the Capitol in Frankfort. Last year 1,000 child advocates from across the state gathered together at the Capitol to ensure that the children’s voice is heard. Come join us as we rally for children’s issues from Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children agenda!
This year’s Blueprint for Kentucky’s Children agenda includes advocating for
- safe and healthy families
- a fair deal for working parents
- fair opportunity for every child
The Kentucky Oral Health Coalition has a special interest in supporting a statewide, comprehensive smoke-free law and connecting children to health care. Oftentimes oral health gets overlooked however; tooth decay is the most common childhood chronic disease. The Kentucky Oral Health Coalition is dedicated to improving the oral health of all Kentucky’s children. We are sponsoring this event and would like to have as much support from our members as possible.
This is where we need your help! This day will give us an opportunity to share our vision and mission for Kentucky’s future in oral health with elected officials.
Take Action today:
1. Contact your legislator and make an appointment to discuss oral health issues:
- Don’t know who your legislator is: Find out here and Call 502-564-8100 to schedule an appointment.
2. Become a sponsor of the Children’s Day at the Capitol Events: Find more information about how to do this here.
3. Register to attend here.
Want to learn more? Check out last year’s Children’s Advocacy Day Booklet.
Thank you for your continued support!